The pharmaceutical industry spends the maximum on innovation in USA. No other sector spends as much as this one. The leading global R&D firms are generally pharmaceutical companies. It is proven that no single technological innovation can accelerate the growth of Pharmaceutical industry. They all need to work together to make the magic happen. According to a recent study done by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) there is a need of two essential building blocks: first is fast transfer from R&D to manufacturing, and second is linking feedback from patients directly to the development and manufacturing process. This article will explain in brief how various technological developments of 21st century have helped improve the productivity and sales of the pharmaceutical industry in the USA.
- Using the power of internet: GPS or global positioning system has made finding places, restaurants, hotels, and pharmacies extremely easy. It is just a dot away on your smartphone these days. With the help of GPS, you can locate a hospital or a drug store conveniently. You can also get their contact number easily and inquire after your requirements.
- Role of Social Media: It is all about marketing these days and there is no better way than social media websites to do this for you. They do not just display your products but shout out loud to the entire world about you. It is the fastest way to communicate with your clients, understand their needs, and deliver in real time. Moreover, you can always keep a track of your product reviews and rising trends in the industry via social media websites.
- EMR/HMR: The implementation of Electronic Medical Records (EMR)/Health Maintenance Reminder (HMR) amongst the doctors and the patients aim to improve the decision making for medicinal purposes. They have the potential to reduce the adversity in the medical events and improve the medicinal development.
- The use of cloud: It is an epic innovation of this decade. It is absolutely a wonderful technology to save your data, share it, access it, and change it from anywhere in the world. It prevents you from worrying about the cost, maintenance, and updating of hardware and software.
- Security: For an organization to be successful the safety measures have to be perfect. Today’s security breaches are a cost you need to pay for the various tech facilities availed. To take care of malignant activities over the web, you need to be safeguarded first. The safety measures in the form of antivirus software and applications are available to take care of general risks and threats.
AS demands for safer drugs have grown so has the investment in this sector. This industry has its major players evenly distributed all over the USA especially in California, New York, Boston, and San Diego. More technological solutions are being developed every minute to improve the existing products. With record sales of $300 billion per year by the pharmaceutical industry, it is definitely a major part of the US economy.
Jeff Carter talks of the future prospects of pharmaceutical industry in the USA observing its recent growth. Whether you predict its incoming prospects for Nevada, Boston or any other locations in the US, the everyday rise in technological innovation is looking promising to add more developments in the healthcare sector.