Our modern-day, busy lifestyle has reduced our focus on healthy eating. Have you recently experienced signs of fatigue, unwarranted weight gain, lack of sleep, or patchy skin? If yes; it could be your diet that’s contributing to this. Hence, I would like to introduce you to Bone broth and its numerous benefits. It is easy to prepare, requiring less human intervention and time commitment. Moreover, there are unmatched bone broth benefits for health and wellbeing.
So, let’s start by talking about what bone broth is. It is a combination of animal bones (fish, chicken, or cattle) and connective tissue that are boiled into a broth and slow simmered with herbs, vegetables, and spices. There are various tasty and nutritious recipes of bone broth, and most of them require the broth to be simmered from 8 hours to longer.
History of Bone Broth
Because of being packed with nutrition, Bone Broth shares a long history. We know our ancestors were hunter-gatherers, but even they had realized the unparalleled benefits of bone broth. The earliest iteration of bone broth can be traced back to more than 2500 years ago. Not only was this bone broth used in domestic cooking then, it also has a rich history of being used in Chinese medicines. Back then, bone broth would often be used as a tonic for the digestive system or as blood builder or to strengthen the kidneys. All this was possible because of the unique content that is found in bones and connective tissue of cattle, chicken, and fish.
Bone Broth Benefits for the Health
Bone broth is nothing short of a nutritional powerhouse that contains important minerals and amino acids. We don’t get enough of these nutrients in our modern diet, and that’s why bone broth becomes all the more essential. Additionally, bone broth is also an important source of Gelatin, Type II Colagen, and Protein. All these lead to significant bone broth benefits for the health like:
- Increased energy
- Better sleep
- Smoother skin (Bone broth is also known to have anti-aging qualities)
- Healthy digestive system
- Join pain relief
- Maintenance of body density
- Repair of torn cartilage
Bone Broth: Elixir for Your Digestive System
The health of our digestive system has a strong impact on our overall wellbeing. However, it is this gut health that gets most ignored in today’s time. Like mentioned earlier, bone broth has magical nutritional qualities that help the digestive system. These benefits are essential to keep us going.
Here are some of the path-breaking bone broth benefits for the digestive system:
- Long simmering of bone broth ensures easy digestion. Moreover, it is soothing to the digestive system and easily breaks down into essential nutrients.
- Gelatin, contained in Bone Broth, restores your Gut Lining’s strength.
- Bone broth is also known to health relieve food sensitivities, including sensitivity towards dairy or wheat.
- It leads to the growth of healthy probiotics in the gut.
- Bone broth supports healthy inflammation levels in the digestive tract.
- It supplements collagen and supports healthy digestive system, which tends to suffer otherwise because of the digestive imbalance caused by unhealthy diet.
I would like to close this blog by reinforcing the importance of our health and wellbeing. If our health fails, our career and personal life is sure to follow. Bone Broth can help us stay healthy and let us lead a fulfilling, successful life. I would soon try to share some delicious bone broth recipes with you. Till then; stay healthy!